Test print of The Kraken


Got a tee and a canvas printed today as an experiment.





The detail on the canvas has really picked up and looks great.

On the shirt, not so much.
But the people who printed it tinkered
with the original image.


The two look good together, and has got me thinking about
production and possible ranges from this illustration.



I had my work printed today at a place in the merrion centre, just as a test really to see what the quality of these digital printers are like. Turns out, the shirt isnt that great, and wasnt done how I had asked for it done, but thats because they were using heat transfers and the biggest size they had in was A4. the print quality on the shirt isnt great either, but I think that again, could be because they have obviously shrunk the image down, making the detail even tinyer. Ive arranged to get one printed at A3 format (the original size) this monday just to see if this works any better. I think the white was also a good choice, so I'l get that again next time. I am also going to screen print this, which Im thinking will be more successfull than this and will give me a bit more creative freedom in colour choosing and really nailing the quality- unless the A3 transfer looks better. Either way, I think its good to look around and see whats available to you in terms of resources and production.

I also got the illustration printed onto a canvas. Im going to put these on my site to see if i generate any interest, because a printed canvas to some people is often more valueable than a poster. We'll see how that one goes anyway. Overall a good bit of experimentation but not the finish I had hoped for.