- In your opinion, and from looking at your work and other people's, what makes a successful illustration?
Hmm! I wouldn’t class myself as a successful illustrator yet. I think there are different levels of success. You could be a recognised artist in your field, your art could be known throughout town, or even the country. I see my own success in baby steps. Reach for a goal, then hit it and create a new goal. By that rational I will never be successful in my own eyes as I will always have a target to reach! My last aspirations were to get my art up in the Weapon of Choice gallery and to have my art created on tees. Now my new goal (which is more difficult) is to feature in Juxtapoz magazine, have a show in an New York gallery and create my own tee shirt label! Ambition is great. I think you always have to push forward as an Illustrator!
Again just one of my favourite responses from the questions I sent out.