Live brief has just come through.

Ive secured a live brief via my web prescence. exciting times! I've been in negotiations with this client for a couple of weeks, but it seems like we are almost ready to go. Here is a rough of the brief I have written up. I sent the client most of this brief along with some personal requirements e.g the supply of addition copyright information and track listing information. A price and payment method has also been negotiated so I'm pretty excited about it all.

I'm going to put up another post promoting the agency and the band that got in touch, (also I will be including all emails in my project file at the end of the module) but for now, here is the brief.


Illustration for Operation Nothing

The brief

To produce an Illustration (& album artworks) to be put across the debut album of a pop punk band by the name of operation nothing. In addition to being applied to album art format, a variation of the illustration produced needs to be produced for additional merchandise (T-shirt & zip Hoodie ).

Background

Christoffer, an agent from Purple Lion studios, has contacted you about producing work for the Band Operation Nothing. They are a Swedish Pop Punk band. Chris and the band liked the Kraken illustration on the website. The album I am producing work for is due for realise this summer. (2011)

Concept

The band want an illustration depicting a giant robot destroying a big city on the album cover, with an adaptation of this for shirts. They have also asked I approach it in the same way as i did the Kraken illustration on my website.

Considerations

Christoffer has supplied logo type
The album is called 'The Anagram'
Track listing has been supplied
simple background has been asked for for inside of booklet.
Colourways, limited colour? use of both?

Deadline unspecified

Deliverables

1 x concept driven illustration for album cover
1 x variation for shirts and merch.
1 x album cover 
inside booklet

As I say, I'm one email away from starting this brief based on the information i have at the moment and what I'm waiting for, I think contact has been a bit slow just because of the plethora of bloody bank holidays weve had for the most important people in the country... but for the moment I will just be planning and preparing what this is going to look like, formats and colourways to make sure I'm clear and the client is clear on how its going. The next step from here is to send the client an email containing the idea, illustration direction and a contemporary example. so i better get to it.