responses : Loch Ness

- What was your first ever paid brief, who was the client, what was the story, and how'd it go!?
Oh, good question. I would have to go back several years to answer this question.  When I first started Illustration I was lucky enough to be commissioned by Bristol City Council to create a Christmas Litter Campaign Poster. The poster was a great success and was put up around Bristol on Litter bins and billboards.
- In your opinion, and from looking at your work and other people's, what makes a successful illustration?
There may be several aspects which make a successful Illustration. If you are working with a client I guess it whether you have put the clients message across within your Illustration. However, when I paint or illustrate for exhibitions or self initiated pieces I love the thought of taking the viewer into a different surreal world and I try to corporate my passions within these pieces.

- Do you ever work to a mantra? If you do, do you mind sharing this mantra?
No, not at all. I just get stuck in!

- If you could sum yourself up as an artist in one sentence, what would you say?
I’m a quirky artist who specialises in funky and psychedelic Imagery. 

..again another sneak peek.