second development



A second development, i basically spent alot more time on the sketch for this illustration that the last which wasnt working, I spent more time thinking about the image compositionally considering what each part would look like, e.g the mouth, head, arms and body. I found that simple is most effective for this image, big striking linework with detailed colour seems to be the way to go. Here is an example of what I mean on the most recent work up of the image (this is still unfinished)


I'm also in the process of reworking the colours of the image to go with the logo which has been supplied to me. Areas not working at the moment: lazer beams (gradient wrong way round? & frazzled buildings need to be added to foreground) building (needs a full tonal working up.) black splodges on arms (should be removed.) what is working - using 3 - 4 tints for each colour. Helps give the overall image depth. Colours in relation to eachother - although I do want to work in some yellows to help tie the cold and warm colours together.

I will post up more progress on this image tomorow.