I understand what Fred meant when he said the statement of Intent should be out of date by the time it reaches him, I feel like mine is totally out of date now, based on my research visit earlier this week, and the new developments I have been having with the briefs I will be undertaking.
After speaking with Lorenzo yesterday about the briefs I have been writing, I was clear on the fact that I needed to open up the briefs and make them more comprehensive in terms of range, context and content. The subject matter was there, with the potential, but needed to be made bigger. Another worry was that I am undertaking too many collaborations. I totally agree, and I have written briefs now with the possibility of a collaboration as a bi product - for example, I produce illustration and hand print a run of posters for an exhibition along with a range of products, but then also pass the assets onto a layout designer, who will produce a publication using the things I created, but this would be a bi product. That is the way I see my briefs developing, because as an illustrator in the real world I will be doing a lot of collaborating in the form of editorial and print. I will put up another post with the developments for briefs .