Concept art - ships by Karanak
Karanak is a russian Illustrator I found on deviant art when looking for some inspiration related to the graphic novel brief which is underway. I found his work and was impressed by it because of the smooth rendering techniques in the perspective drawing, but also his use of vector plans of the ships whch feature in some of the illustrations above. This type of layout could be really effective for the graphic Novel asset library, but also gives me alot of ideas into what I can be researching in regard to this brief; for example how do i achieve a rendered look like this? There are alot of speedpaint videos on youtube and vimeo which I can be looking at to inform this way of working. It is a risk, as I have never done it before, but I am confident I will be able to achieve something along similar lines to this as my experience in rendering is quite good.










