The cover printed to scale: The format used is a tabloid variant of Berliner. This format was introduced to compact papers by the guardian in 1992 alongside a guardian redesign, with the guardian commissioning a new typeface and logo. The format is used because of the tabloid nature of the stories inside, which generally are discussed in less detail than its broadsheet mother publication. (The Guardian) The scale works really nicely for the illustration and gives enough space for medium size typefaces and fairly complex imagery. I'm unsure about how to emulate the 'perforated' cut that G2 has down its right short edge, but I'm sure I can research this moethod in a later post.
This is an initial print out and is on bulky newsprint, which is too heavy to be a stock i genuinely consider for the final prints of the covers. It als isnt used in industry purely for financial convenience, and newspapers are known as standard to be printed on 48.8 gsm newsprint, which often has a slight coating on it to prevent over saturation of ink onto page. I dont think I can outsource this paper because of my (tiny) budget, but I can get as close to it as possible, saying that we have 48.8 gsm newsprint in the college.
The stock differences arent too noticable here, but the original guardian on the left is quite clearly lightweight, whereas a publication printed in entirity totally out of newsprint would noticably change the weight overall and bulkyness of the newspaper.

