Open publication - Free publishing - More cat
These images were created using a manual bitmap & colour separation which emulates full colour newsprint / screen print digitally. I have done this because I dont have a budget that superseeds about £15, and considering actually putting these onto plates and then printing them couldnt ever cost that little at a format similar to A4. I also intend to print these onto thin newsprint to further emulate this process, basically to see how convincing i can make this emulation.
As I mentioned in a previous post, most of the images are textural, and have quite simple backgrounds, this was for the consideration of text placement, a relatively simple image meant that I had more options when it came to the layout of the cover.
I decided to standardise a typeface for headings (Code Bold) and georgia for lists. The G2 logo is uniform across all covers in terms of size, colour and placement to make the covers distinguishable as a set. Doing this has made me think there would be a need for another publication that I was talking about earlier in the project, where all the illustrations come together in a different format, for example with the illustration in context as editorial with bodies of text instead of cover. This would then push the range of contexts this brief would get and expand it somewhat. All I would have to consider is why the guardian would do something like that - for example a limited edition artists publication marking an anniversary etc.
These images were created using a manual bitmap & colour separation which emulates full colour newsprint / screen print digitally. I have done this because I dont have a budget that superseeds about £15, and considering actually putting these onto plates and then printing them couldnt ever cost that little at a format similar to A4. I also intend to print these onto thin newsprint to further emulate this process, basically to see how convincing i can make this emulation.
As I mentioned in a previous post, most of the images are textural, and have quite simple backgrounds, this was for the consideration of text placement, a relatively simple image meant that I had more options when it came to the layout of the cover.
I decided to standardise a typeface for headings (Code Bold) and georgia for lists. The G2 logo is uniform across all covers in terms of size, colour and placement to make the covers distinguishable as a set. Doing this has made me think there would be a need for another publication that I was talking about earlier in the project, where all the illustrations come together in a different format, for example with the illustration in context as editorial with bodies of text instead of cover. This would then push the range of contexts this brief would get and expand it somewhat. All I would have to consider is why the guardian would do something like that - for example a limited edition artists publication marking an anniversary etc.