Logo identity
I have developed myself a new identity, which is totally different to the one I produced earlier in the year. The initial logo i produced I felt didnt represent me at all, and basically I wasnt happy with it, especially using the name skwid, this name came from the fact that I do illustrate alot of squid type creatures, but i think a logo should reflect a little more than that..
To take action on this, the logo developed in stages, which have brought it in its finished form to a level that I am happy with, and would feel comfortable handing to a potential client or employer in the format of a business card or portfolio etc. The logo started in the idea that it should be produced using a waccom tablet at that process is one i use alot within my illustration. It then moved on because of issues with legibility into more conventional type with custom characters. I'm glad i decided to take it in this direction because it feels like more of an official logo in terms of how it looks, and how bold and shapely it is. For now at least, I am comfortable with this logo. All my design decisions have been documented in the above issuu file.
P.S the cover of the issuu file is intended as a joke which i was going to take further by writing "The logo blueprints" on it. The fact that this logo almost says JAYZ does put me off it a little, i imagine I will be revisiting this branding project in the future.