All the outlines in the above image compliment the colour way of the overall image, I'm not overly keen on the background used here, its more the approach to character design that grabs my attention. Recently, its work of a similar standard to this that has really been getting me inspired. This image was sourced from JR's blog: The Spattering Fidgets of J.R Goldberg. i think you really do get a sense of what this illustrator is about the second you go on the blog and see the work. Something which I need to be doing more of in my own work is doing more hand drawing in initial stages to really enhance the end result.
You can see the level of detail that is utilised in the initial stages of development of this work, and it is evident that it pays off in the finished vector art. I intend to do a lot more hand drawing and spend more time on it than i do before, to help give my work a more well considered direction, as i think this is a crucial stage of any kind of illustration.
You can really start to see how JR applies their illustration to context in the products they produce. Below is a little sticker set produced by J.R. I think for me its not what the end result is thats desirable, its the quality of the illustration again, Which is why it is important to have a high quality of illustration because then with some consideration it can become almost anything the illustrator desires and will become something of quality. If its done right in the first place, it becomes easier to make for an impressive end result.
JR's level of experimentation within her work is also impressive and in my opinion really makes her work have more value because when you look at it on the blog it shows that the illustrator is capable of more than just digital artwork. This is something I will be considering wherever possible within the briefs I write.
Below is in my opinion the best illustration done by this illustrator, two colour, not an overly complicated illustration. This level of colour limitation is really impressive and is a technique I will be applying within my work, as it is an area of creative development which lends itself more to print. Which I have put an emhpasis on in my S.O.I.
The finishing touches in terms of packaging and the little print of the illustration make this overall a really professional looking and also quite a caring (in terms of the target audience) product.





